Re: [FR-devel] DumbTestBuilder - A Nice Start

From: Dmitry V. Sabanin
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] DumbTestBuilder - A Nice Start
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 03:20:00 +0800

Hi!

On Saturday 12 July 2003 22:06, gabriele renzi wrote:
> > > for test and classes from others metadata (i.e.
>
> uml
>
> > > diagrams, xmi specs and so on..
> >
> > Of course this would be great, but now u can just
> > generate ruby
> > code with some uml2code generator, and then using
> > your DumbTestBuilder
> > make a tests.
>
> sure, but would'nt it be cool if we could draw
> directly from FR and have automated synchronous
> code/model/test changes ? 8-)
Yeh, that would be really cool :-)
It should be in FreeRIDE 2.0 TODO list i guess 8)

> > > the parser recognizes stuff like /\s*method\w/ or
> > > "classify" or 'my module' as code..
> > > I think we could (sort of) easily extend the code
> > >for
> > > =begin..=end to handle this kind of literals...
> >
> > Could you please explain what do you mean? I can't >
>
> understand.
>

> I mean that if you have code like
>
> #my code
> class C
>  def my_method
>    puts 'this is my_method in class C'
>  end
> end
> #end
>
> the "puts" gets recognized as a class definition.
> the same goes for stuff beetween // or "" or %{} or
> whatever.

I didn't know u mean't that in your previous message, but somehow
i fixed that today, the patch is in the list.

> You can see this bug when you generate test for
> dumb_test_builder.
> This is related to basic_source_parser, anyway..
>
> The other thing I was saying is that possibly we could
> use a general test for 'ignorable zones' like
> '',"",[],//, =begin =end, <<-EoF\n EoF,  # \n , and so
> on saving the starter element in some variable and
> skipping everything till the matching closing element.
HERE-text's are now correctly parsed, patch is here too.

Best wishes,
--
sdmitry -=- Dmitry V. Sabanin
MuraveyLabs.