Re: [FR-devel] DumbTestBuilder - A Nice Start

From: gabriele renzi
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] DumbTestBuilder - A Nice Start
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 16:06:29 +0200 (CEST)

> > for test and classes from others metadata (i.e.
uml
> > diagrams, xmi specs and so on..

> Of course this would be great, but now u can just
> generate ruby
> code with some uml2code generator, and then using
> your DumbTestBuilder
> make a tests.

sure, but would'nt it be cool if we could draw
directly from FR and have automated synchronous
code/model/test changes ? 8-)

> > the parser recognizes stuff like /\s*method\w/ or
> > "classify" or 'my module' as code..
> > I think we could (sort of) easily extend the code
> >for
> > =begin..=end to handle this kind of literals...

> Could you please explain what do you mean? I can't >
understand.

I mean that if you have code like

#my code
class C
 def my_method
   puts 'this is my_method in class C'
 end
end
#end

the "puts" gets recognized as a class definition.

the same goes for stuff beetween // or "" or %{} or
whatever.

You can see this bug when you generate test for
dumb_test_builder.
This is related to basic_source_parser, anyway..

The other thing I was saying is that possibly we could
use a general test for 'ignorable zones' like
'',"",[],//, =begin =end, <<-EoF\n EoF,  # \n , and so
on saving the starter element in some variable and
skipping everything till the matching closing element.

An other choice could be the usage of RACC to generate
a portable ruby parser..

I wrote wrong examples in the previous message,
sorry..

=====
icq #69488917

Yahoo! Mail: 6MB di spazio gratuito, 30MB per i tuoi allegati, l'antivirus, il
filtro Anti-spam
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.mail.yahoo.com/