DirectX driver (was Re: [freesci-develop] FreeSCI release plan)

From: Alex Angas
Subject: DirectX driver (was Re: [freesci-develop] FreeSCI release plan)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 16:30:33 +1100

Hi Hugues,

Firstly can I say thank you for spending the time to test so thoroughly - that's exactly what we need!

Regarding the event sound server, I wrote most of that and don't have the time to fix it. It's probably not worth it as the sound system is rewritten in the glutton/unstable release.

I wrote the DirectX driver so I'll try and work through the issues you've been having with it. As far as I know I'm the only one that's tested it (at least in recent times) and I've only ever used nVidia cards. From the debug output and what you've seen, it definitely looks like a problem with the new mouse pointer code. I have to set up my build environment again before I can investigate further. Can you please run the dxdiag program that comes with DirectX (Start / Run / dxdiag should bring it up) and click the Save All Information button and e-mail it to me?

Thanks for your help,

Alex.