type1z vs. type1 charstrings processing.

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: type1z vs. type1 charstrings processing.
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 16:44:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I am having a problem with Multiple Masters in both ftmulti and
ftview.  Those program srun fine on a Solaris 7 box, but not on a DEC
UNIX box.  Which is perplexing to me.  I'll try to sort it out later.
I keep getting error messages like "invalid byte (0)" [or (15), or (2)
, or (25)].

Anyway, while doing a preliminary investigation, I noticed that the
charstrings parsing is different in z1load/z1gload than it is in
t1load/t1gload.  Any particular reason?  Is one going to be phased out
in favor of the other?

Tom