Re: ftconfig.h

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: ftconfig.h
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:44:16 +0200

Hi Sven,

> Hi,
>
> I'm just trying to port gimp-freetype to the current cvs snapshot of
> freetype2 and I've discovered that ftconfig.h defines macros like
> HAVE_MEMCPY, HAVE_UNISTD_H and the like. These are the standard macros
> defined in config.h when using autoheader. They should never be included
> in public header files since every program using autoheader will put
> out lots of warnings about redefinitions. You will want to move those
> macros into a private header (config.h) which is only used to compile
> freetype2 but not put into the include path.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but "ftconfig.h" very recently became a
public header file to solve certain kinds of problems. The HAVE_MEMCPY,
HAVE_UNISTD_H, etc.. are left-over that are not used by the library

(well, HAVE_MEMCPY was used to select between "memcpy" and "bcopy" in
"ftmemory.h", but as we expect an ANSI compiler, I removed this).

I have cleaned things yesterday in the CVS, the correct sources should
be available in the current snapshot (otherwise, CVS update will take
a lot less bandwidth..)

Thanks for pointing this out (as well as Patrick..)

- David