Re: ftconfig.h

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: ftconfig.h
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:46:23 +0200

Hi Patrick,

> Since I last compiled freetype2, the config directory of includes has
> appeared. If I write a program and simply want to include declarations of
> libfreetype, I need to include freetype.h, but this now includes
>
> #include <freetype/config/ftconfig.h>   /* read configuration information */
>
> Why do the likes of HAVE_FCNTL_H, HAVE_UNISTD_H need to be included for me
> to use libfreetype (or rather - it's better if this stuff weren't included
> as it is likely to break the build of whatever application links to
> libfreetype as a redefinition of the #define..)
>
> Comments?

As said in a previous post, in reply to Sven Neumann, these macros were
left-overs that have been cleaned. Note however that the current version
of "ftconfig.h" does a "#include <limits.h>" to get the value of ULONG_MAX,
etc.., in order to determine the typedefs for FT_Int32/FT_UInt32..

Given that <limits.h> is a standard file, I don't think we should remove
it from this public file. However, I'd appreciate any comments on this
specific issue..

Cheers,

- David