Problems with a type1 font

From: Damien WYART
Subject: Problems with a type1 font
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:06:06 +0200

Hello to all freetype developers, ans thanks for your great work, it
is impressive.

I have been testing a bit the latest freetype-current and its demos, and I
got into trouble making tests with Adobe Garamond (Regular and others). I do
not know what is happening. My file is the original pfb from adobe (I just
renamed it), so I think it is standard. But many glyphs are not accessible
to freetype.

with ftlint, I get the following messages :

  T1_Parse_CharStrings: unexpected POP
  padr8a.pfb: glyph   18: 0x0003
  glyph   21: 0x0003
  glyph   34: 0x0003
  glyph   35: 0x0003
  glyph   38: 0x0003
  glyph   39: 0x0003
  glyph   40: 0x0003
  glyph   41: 0x0003
  glyph   42: 0x0003
  glyph   43: 0x0003
  81 fails.

And with ftview, I got the following output (attachment test.png).

I hope there is a simple explanation to this, and I am doing something
wrong.

With ttf I got no problems.

Thanks for any feedback on this.
--