Re: Problems with a type1 font

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Problems with a type1 font
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:34:53 +0200

Hi Damien,

> with ftlint, I get the following messages :
>
>   T1_Parse_CharStrings: unexpected POP
>   padr8a.pfb: glyph   18: 0x0003
>   glyph   21: 0x0003
>   glyph   34: 0x0003
>   glyph   35: 0x0003
>   glyph   38: 0x0003
>   glyph   39: 0x0003
>   glyph   40: 0x0003
>   glyph   41: 0x0003
>   glyph   42: 0x0003
>   glyph   43: 0x0003
>   81 fails.
>
> And with ftview, I got the following output (attachment test.png).
>
> I hope there is a simple explanation to this, and I am doing something
> wrong.

Well, I don't have the font, so I can't test it to tell you what's happenning,
though it seems that lots of glyphs cannot be loaded. There are actually two
Type 1 font drivers in the current snapshot (for historical reasons
I won't explain now). Try to change your <freetype/config/ftmodule.h> in
order to put the "t1z" driver before "t1" in the list, then rebuild the
library.

Then, tell me if you still have some problems. The error messages you see
come from the "t1" driver that is soon to be removed from the source given
that it doesn't work well with a number of fonts..

If your problems persist, please send me the font privately so that I test
it extensively..

Regards,

- David