Re: [Devel] Problems with bbox code and cubic bezier curves

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: [Devel] Problems with bbox code and cubic bezier curves
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:00:58 -0400 (EDT)

Is the original report on sourceforge?  Do you have a sample font that causes
problems?  If so, I'd have to say the font is not "good" in the sense of
following the Type 1 recommendations that start/end points of arcs are at points
of horizontal of vertical extrema (this means that the tangents at these points
are horizontal or vertical -- from one's basic calculus).  If this is the case,
the bbox code *should* work just fine (after David makes the change he said he
would make).

If this is not the case, I'd like to understand way the iterations exceed the
arc
stack (and by how much).  David's changes will allow for up to 32 interations.

Tom