Re: [Devel] Problems with bbox code and cubic bezier curves

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: [Devel] Problems with bbox code and cubic bezier curves
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:05:13 -0400 (EDT)

Well, it sounds like you are half a Van Gogh, then, Just! ;)

Kidding aside, I took a look at the sample PDF file sent to me.  It is not using
a font at all, so it must be the case that FreeType is getting used for things
other than font rasterization.  So we need to be careful about bbox stuff.  I am
aslo worried about TT fonts autoconverted to Type 1 fonts (a *lot* of PDF files
have such fonts).  Are the Adobe *recommendations* followed for such fonts?

I stress recommendations because these guidlines do not necessarily have to be
followed.  But I agree -- if the guidelines are followed, cbox == bbox.

Tom