Re: [Devel] Looking for test font...

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [Devel] Looking for test font...
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 22:11:56 -0800

> Can anyone tell me where I can find a truetype font containing only
> bitmaps (ie. one with a 'bhed' table)? I want to test that I can
> handle them...

Such a font would be valuable for testing FreeType also...  Just, can
I have not found one.

However PfaEdit now produces these fonts, and minimal testing on my Mac OS/X machine says that they are recognized and used properly there.

I would still like to see a real one in case I'm missing something non-essential.

If anyone else is interested I have posted a such a font:
        http://pfaedit.sf.net/samples/Caliban.dfont.bz2
(in a mac dfont format) or
        http://pfaedit.sf.net/samples/Caliban.ttf.bz2
(with the sfnt resource stripped out of the dfont wrapper. It is still a mac font with 'bdat' and 'bloc' tables rather than 'EBDT' and 'EBLC' tables)