Re: [Devel] read_lwfn

From: Just van Rossum
Subject: Re: [Devel] read_lwfn
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 15:15:31 +0200

Riccardo Cohen wrote:

> I'm trying to open a suitcase on macos9 with FT_New_Face() The
> library calls read_lwfn, which search for 'POST' resource and does
> not find it.
>
> 1) is it normal that read_lwfn is called ?

If there's a matching LWFN file is the same folder, yes.

> 2) why does it look for
> POST (postscript?) resource ? there is no POST resource in the
> suitcase.

It should look for POST resources in the LWFN file. If it really looks for POST
resources in the suitcase, something is definitely wrong.

It's been ages since I looked at this code, and others have kept it up-to-date,
so I don't know what the state of this is, sorry...

Just