Re: [Devel] read_lwfn

From: Riccardo Cohen
Subject: Re: [Devel] read_lwfn
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 00:40:01 +0100

> If there's a matching LWFN file is the same folder, yes.

In the folder there are only suitcases files (DISK:System Folder:Fonts)

> It should look for POST resources in the LWFN file. If it really looks for
> POST
> resources in the suitcase, something is definitely wrong.

I only have suitcases and it definitively search for 'POST'. I dont think that
between my call FT_Open_Face() and the 'POST' lookup the file has changed.
I tracked with printf as my debugger does not work anymore, but I'm quite sure
that it looks for POST in a suitcase, and then returns error 6 invalid argument
because post_data is NULL.

Please David Turner, is there anything you could do or tell to help me ??

I made a wrap-up class for freetype on Win32,CygWin,Linux and MacOsX, and
everything goes marvelously. (using libgd to display).
If I cannot do it on MacOs9 I will have many many problems... (because I will
have to write much more code of course...)

Thanks

Just van Rossum wrote:

> Riccardo Cohen wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to open a suitcase on macos9 with FT_New_Face() The
> > library calls read_lwfn, which search for 'POST' resource and does
> > not find it.
> >
> > 1) is it normal that read_lwfn is called ?
>
> If there's a matching LWFN file is the same folder, yes.
>
> > 2) why does it look for
> > POST (postscript?) resource ? there is no POST resource in the
> > suitcase.
>
> It should look for POST resources in the LWFN file. If it really looks for
> POST
> resources in the suitcase, something is definitely wrong.
>
> It's been ages since I looked at this code, and others have kept it
> up-to-date,
> so I don't know what the state of this is, sorry...
>
> Just

Riccardo Cohen

Articque
Les Roches