Re: [Devel] new fixes

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] new fixes
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 14:38:02 +0100

Hi Artur,

Artur Zaprza?a wrote:
David Turner wrote:

My notes to the latest patch for ttdriver.c.
The formula:
  ( (xxx)       / 72 + 32 ) & -64
should be rounded in two places (though the difference is very small):
  ( (xxx + 36)  / 72 + 32 ) & -64
which is equivalent to:
  ( (xxx + (36+32*72)) / 72 ) & -64

I just checked this, and it improves rendering a bit at very small
pixel sizes. It's funny to see that earlier versions of FreeType didn't
do this kind of rounding :-)

Checked in CVS. thanks,

- David Turner

PS: I'll probably incorporate the sbit & blue scale patches very soon.
    I'm still a bit undecided about the Postscript hinter "changes".