[Devel] Experimental grayscale native TrueType hinting support

From: David Chester
Subject: [Devel] Experimental grayscale native TrueType hinting support
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:07:47 +0000

Hello,

David Turner wrote:
> Note that it seems, but it's very subjective because I didn't really
> compare it thoroughly, to improve the LCD-optimized rendering in ftview
> or certain fonts.

I cant see any difference at all with any face that I tried (tahoma, tahomabd,
verdana, times, arial, andalemo).  These versions, except for andale, were
the ones that ship with Windows XP.  Even with Andale Mono, I cant see a
single pixel that looks different.

Am I doing something wrong?  I applied the patch against today's CVS, turned
on the bytecode interpreter, built and tested with ftview with LCD
optimization.  I compared with a clean 2.1.4.

David Chester