Re: [Devel] freetype-config --version / pkg-config

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] freetype-config --version / pkg-config
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:25:28 +0200

Hello Gustavo,

Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
  I think I would prefer that freetype installed a .pc file, so we could
stop using freetype-config once and for all and use 'pkg-config
--modversion freetype' instead.  Of course, the version in the .pc file
should be the package version, not the library one.  Who cares about the
library version anyway?...

I agree that a .pc file would be a good thing, and that it should reflect
the library's release version number.

libtool versioning is a sort of black art that nobody uses properly anyway,
but we need to support it in "freetype-config" for backwards compatibility

Now, would you care to contribute this .pc file to the project ?

Thanks in advance,

- David Turner

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please
delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure,
either whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval.
The E-Mail transmission can not guarantee the integrity of this message.
CANAL+TECHNOLOGIES will not therefore be liable for the message if modified.