Re: [Devel] Getting accurate advances

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] Getting accurate advances
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:49:08 +0100 (CET)

> Here's a patch that fixes the problem with Legendum plus some other
> problems.

Wonderful!

> (I hope this is the right format.)

Yes it is (besides minor problems with the mixture of CR/LF and LF at
line ends).

> The undocumented behaviour for the MSIRP instruction is fixed, as
> well as (documented!) behaviour for rounding zero and the DIV
> instruction.

Hmm, it is not clear to me why you replace

  args[0] = TT_MULDIV( args[0], 64L, args[1] );

with

  args[0] = ( args[0] * 64L ) / args[1];

Since FT_Int64 can be either a structure or a data type we have to
provide some code in case TT_MULDIV really can't be used here to avoid
overflow.

I've now applied everything, together with my fixes for improved
computation of linearHoriAdvance and linearVertAdvance.  Please test.

A big hurray to Rogier!