Re: [ft-devel] otv in Jamfile

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] otv in Jamfile
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 13:01:03 +0900

Hi,

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 20:34:14 +0200 (CEST)
Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
>>     2005-05-01  David Turner  <address@hidden>
>>
>>          * Jamfile: Remove `otvalid' from the list of compiled
>>                      modules.
>
>I think the very reason is the buggy MSVC compiler which can't compile
>the otvalid module because of the preprocessor problems.
>
>> Will otvalid drop from the next release?
>
>I won't do that.

We are happy to hear this.

> Maybe it's moved to another library in the future,
>but I don't think that this will happen soon.

BTW, even if otvalid is not linked to an application, otvalid may be
useful as a standalone validator. e.g. otvalid can validate the font
file generated by fontforge.

> >> (We, gxvalid developers, are discouraged at this log entry.)
> >
> >Maybe it's best to distribute the expanded files...

The code is not completed yet but we have made you wait so long.
We decide to make the development version public.

Development version gxvalid is available via gnuarch version control
system. The gnuarch archive is at

name: address@hidden/freetype2--gxv-mps--0.1
location: http://www.gyve.org/~mpsuzuki/arch-2005.03.22/

This archive includes both Masatake YAMATO and my work.
Our work is synced with freetype official CVS repository;
the archive includes the latest change at freetype development.

address@hidden gxvalid]$ LANG=C wc -l *.c *.h
    290 gxvacnt.c
     35 gxvalid.c
    263 gxvbsln.c