RE: [ft-devel] ft-smooth for 2.1.10?

From: like2wise
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] ft-smooth for 2.1.10?
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:53:30 +0100

Bonjour David,

thanks for this elaborate update. This explains it to me clearly,
except for one little issue:

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:19:58 +0100, "Turner, David" <address@hidden>
said:

> Ah, I'll try to explain, there is something ambiguous there,
> [...]
> the confusion comes from the existence of FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT,
> because:
>
> [...]
>
>   - the value is also used to build FT_LOAD_TARGET_LIGHT,
>     which however instructs the auto-hinter called by
>     FT_Load_Glyph to perform a "light" outline distorsion.

Now, there is also the compile-time configuration from ftconfig.h which
confuses me a bit in combination with the above:

Does any of the LIGHT options force the auto-hinter being used (when it
is compiled in), or does the LIGHT flag *only* work when the auto-hinter
is selected by other means already?

The latter might explain why I am not seeing a difference in my test
app.

Regards,

Leon.