RE: [ft-devel] ft-smooth for 2.1.10?

From: Turner, David
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] ft-smooth for 2.1.10?
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:42:19 +0100

> Excellent! Will this affect all GTK programs or only Gnome programs?

It should affect all programs that depend on libXft to display anti-aliased
text, which means GTK/Gnome/KDE. I haven't reviewed the Cairo
sources yet, but I suspect that it will also benefit for it.

> What about Firefox - will it also need a patch to enable this
> in the renderer?

Yes, it works in Firefox as well.

> > > - Will some kind soul please share a screenshot showing
> this rendering
> > > mode with CVS freetype?
> > >
> > Sure ;-)
> >

> http://turnerdavid.neuf.fr/freetype/screenshots/evolution-default.png
> > http://turnerdavid.neuf.fr/freetype/screenshots/evolution-light.png
> > http://turnerdavid.neuf.fr/freetype/screenshots/anjuta-default.png
> > http://turnerdavid.neuf.fr/freetype/screenshots/anjuta-light.png
>
> Perfect. Exactly what I wanted. Thanks again. I've been waiting for
> this for years :)
>
> Just out of curiosity, do you know why in the evolution screenshots,
> the changes are everywhere except the message pane? What's special
> about it?

probably a bug in evolution component that implements this panel
that doesn't react to settings changes correctly.

Note that restarting Evolution after the change displays every
as expected.

The same is true for FireFox, by the way

- David
Information contained in this email message is confidential and may be
privileged, and is intended only for use of the individual or entity named
above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are
in error, please immediately notify the address@hidden and destroy the original
message.