Re: [ft] Re: [ft-devel] FreeType 2.3.0 release candidate 1 is available

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] Re: [ft-devel] FreeType 2.3.0 release candidate 1 is available
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 02:12:11 +0900

Dear Werner,

Sorry for my inactivity during this 4 weeks.

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 09:52:29 +0100 (CET)
Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I think Suzuki-San's changes here may need elaboration.  Perhaps
>> just something along the lines of "if you use ftmac.c, please note
>> that it is now Mac OS X-only, and that some old APIs now return
>> errors.  Thus your code should still build unchanged, but may change
>> in behaviour."
>
>I've added this to the CHANGES file, thanks.

Please check JPEG picture summarizing the difference from 2.1.10 and 2.2,
http://www.gyve.org/mpsuzuki/ft23-history.jpeg
http://www.gyve.org/mpsuzuki/ft23-behaviour.jpeg
and please review attached patch for documents.

I think the important change is only FT_GetFile_From_Mac_Name().
However, appropriate configure option can make fully compatible
libfreetype.

I was going to add new function FT_GetFileRef_From_Mac_ATSName().
If adding new function in release-candidate phase is acceptable,
please let me know. I will do that within 24 hours.

Regards,
mpsuzuki