Re: [ft-devel] FreeType 2.3.0 release candidate 1 is available

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FreeType 2.3.0 release candidate 1 is available
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 10:03:40 +0900

Excuse me, I cancell my previous post.

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 09:17:18 +0900
address@hidden wrote:
>>> I was going to add new function FT_GetFileRef_From_Mac_ATSName().
>>> If adding new function in release-candidate phase is acceptable,
>>> please let me know.  I will do that within 24 hours.
>>
>>This is fine for me, if it helps to resolve compatibility issues with
>>older FreeType versions.
>
>No, FT_GetFileRef_From_Mac_ATSName() won't help the behaviour
>compatibility issues with older FreeType2 versions, at all.

># IMHO, FT_GetFileRef_xxx() will be deprecated in long-future.
># The incompatible behaviour issues will continue until Carbon-
># free Mac font support (that I'm working but long work).

Considering the compatibility stability in freetype-2.3.x
series, I want to postpone FT_GetFileRef_From_Mac_ATSName().
Considering the direction to remove Carbon dependency,
the introduction of API using FSRef (Carbon dependent data type)
is not good idea, FT_GetFilePath_From_Mac_ATSName() may be more
stable API and it is easy for programmers to replace it by
fontconfig library.

Regards,
mpsuzuki