Re: [ft-devel] Understanding Type1 fonts

From: Donn
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Understanding Type1 fonts
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 14:05:12 +0200

> On Unix boxes, this is a bad idea.  The `classical' way to find out
> the contents of a file is to use the `file' program
Good point. I suppose file extensions work 'well enough' for me. I think most
designers will have files with extensions already attached, this being a
Windows-world after all.
I'll go see if I can find a Python 'file' command/module of some kind
otherwise I'll have to shell out with popen or something.

Right now, that's secondary to knowing what to do with the various kinds of
files I am dealing with.

Thanks again,
\d

--