Re: [ft-devel] freetype under Windows

From: Pierre Joye
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] freetype under Windows
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:49:28 +0100

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>  > I didn't got ftjam working + the support for ftjam seems to be very
>  > small
>
>  Yes, David doesn't have time to do something here.  I've been tempted
>  to write support for SCons (www.scons.org), however there are so many
>  other things that I shall do that I dropped the idea very quickly
>  again. :-(
>

>  > compared so I decided to use CMake[2].
>
>  Just curious: What's the problem with GNU make on Windows?  I'm not a
>  Windows user at all...

Please note that CMake works not only on windows but on many other
platforms with many different compiler/linker. I'm migrating libgd to
CMake and uses it with mingw, vc and gnu tools without much troubles
(much less than with separate tools for each platform). It also has
some nice tools for packaging and testing.

Cheers,
--
Pierre
http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org