Re: [ft-devel] Force PMingLiU like font do HINTING

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Force PMingLiU like font do HINTING
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 19:16:04 +0900

Hi,

I'm not sure if unpatented hinting solves the broken shape of
MingLiU completely. I guess it's better than nothing but not
fully, and the introduction of the trick of conditional hinting
cannot close MingLiU issue.

I think MingLiU is a commercial font bundled to Microsoft
Windows, and Mozilla can use Microsoft's TrueType rasterizer
supporting patented hinting technology. If there is a case that
the tricky application of unpatented hinting of FreeType2 to
MingLiU, please let me know.

Regards,
mpsuzuki