Re: [ft-devel] Next FreeType release

From: Sean McBride
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Next FreeType release
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 15:07:39 -0500

On 1/6/09 8:56 PM, Werner LEMBERG said:

>> I've done:
>>
>> sh autogen.sh
>>
>> Is that the right procedure?
>
>Have you checked the prerequisites as described in README.CVS?

I naively assumed that since I have the newest OS and Xcode that it
would be reasonably new, but it is version 1.5.22.

>I suspect that your libtoolize script is too old.  The `--install'
>option has been introduced in libtool version 2.2 (March 2008). Since
>the configure script and its auxiliary files are distributed with the
>final tarball I always use the newest versions of automake, autoconf,
>and libtool, if necessary.
>
>However, autogen.sh contains a function `check_too_version' to test
>whether libtoolize (and Darwin's glibtoolize) version is too old.  Can
>you please find out why this has failed for you?

The full output is below.  I believe it reports the version testing error:

$ sh autogen.sh
autogen.sh: line 55: test: 1.10: integer expression expected
autogen.sh: line 59: test: 1.10: integer expression expected
autogen.sh: line 67: test: 1.10: integer expression expected
autogen.sh: line 71: test: 1.10: integer expression expected
autogen.sh: line 55: test: 1.5.22: integer expression expected
autogen.sh: line 59: test: 1.5.22: integer expression expected
autogen.sh: line 67: test: 1.5.22: integer expression expected
autogen.sh: line 71: test: 1.5.22: integer expression expected
autogen.sh: line 55: test: 2.61: integer expression expected
autogen.sh: line 59: test: 2.61: integer expression expected
autogen.sh: line 67: test: 2.61: integer expression expected
autogen.sh: line 71: test: 2.61: integer expression expected
generating `configure.ac'
running `aclocal -I . --force'
running `glibtoolize --force --copy --install'
glibtoolize: unrecognized option `--install'
Try `glibtoolize --help' for more information.
error while running `glibtoolize --force --copy --install'

So what is your recommendation?  Installing a separate glibtoolize?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 address@hidden