Re: [ft-devel] Next FreeType release

From: Ralph Giles
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Next FreeType release
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 11:51:13 -0800

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Sean McBride <address@hidden> wrote:

> I just worry that having duplicates will interfere with Xcode or other
> things that I build.

You could use the Jam build. Apple hasn't used jam since Xcode 1.x,
and it has no dependencies. I keep a copy of the source at
http://ghostscript.com/~giles/jam/jam-2.5.tar.gz if that's helpful.

>>> Is there no way to build freetype with the tools Apple provides?
>>
>>Apparently not from the CVS.  I'll send you a configure script
>>privately which you can use.

In cases like this, it's helpful to provide distribution snapshots if
you want cross-platform testing. After all, it's not whether the CVS
build works with whatever autotools suite someone happens to have
installed, but whether whatever 'make dist' includes on the
maintainer's machine will actually work with the native build tools
that you can about for release.

 -r