Re: [ft-devel] Next FreeType release

From: Sean McBride
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Next FreeType release
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 15:53:22 -0500

On 1/6/09 9:45 PM, Werner LEMBERG said:

>> The full output is below.  I believe it reports the version testing
>> error:
>>
>> $ sh autogen.sh
>> autogen.sh: line 55: test: 1.10: integer expression expected
>> [...]
>
>Ah, please try the attached version of autogen.sh and report the error
>messages.

ERROR: Your version of the `aclocal' tool is too old.
       Minimum version 1.10.1 is required (yours is version 1.10).
       Please upgrade or use the ACLOCAL variable to point to a more
recent one.

Considering that every release of Mac OS and Xcode (up to now) do not
include what is needed to build freetype CVS, might I suggest that this
deserves an explicit mention in README.CVS?

>> So what is your recommendation?  Installing a separate glibtoolize?
>
>Yes.  For example, download the latest libtool version and install it
>with
>
>  cd libtool-<version>
>  ./configure --prefix=<your prefix>
>  make
>  make install
>
>ditto for autoconf and automake.
>
>Then say:
>
>  PATH=<your prefix>/bin:$PATH sh autogen.sh

Alas, all I wanted to do was see if 2.3.8 built (before you released
it).  But I guess I have my answer. :)  Installing all those things is
not something I have time for right now I'm afraid... Is there no way to
build freetype with the tools Apple provides?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 address@hidden