Re: [ft-devel] Position Independent Port of FreeType2

From: Mickey Gabel
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Position Independent Port of FreeType2
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:17:06 +0200

Here is a diff (generated with "diff -rupN <FT2 version> <my version>" from 2.3.8 and then zipped) for a small test case.

Important notes:

1) Please concentrate on the changes to the autofit module (src/autofit). Don't pay too much attention to anything outside it. For example the changes in src/base are not exactly what I propose to do.

2) These diffs include the changes for our own custom build version, so changes in include/freetype/config can be mostly ignored (except the actual definition of FT_CONFIG_OPTION_PIC). They are included for completeness.
(for example, some modules are removed in my version)

3) Please also see my previous email from yesterday, with more high-level ideas of the change.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
        Mickey