Re: [ft-devel] [Patch] CJK autofit/autohint blue zones

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [Patch] CJK autofit/autohint blue zones
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 17:17:12 +0900

Hi,

Thank you very much for posting interesting idea
and the implementation for proof of concept!!

I really appreciate for your effort.

I will take a look and try to make a list of
frequently used CJK Unified Ideographs used in
Japanese market.

On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 05:13:29 +0000 (UTC)
JustFillBug <address@hidden> wrote:
>Data:
>=====
>The character used to calculate blue zones are some high freqeuncy
>Chinese characters which reflect the needed feature.
>
>Maybe some frequently used Japanese and Korean Hanzi should be added
>too.
>
>The characters picked are:

Your message lacks the character encoding -
I guess it is coded by GBK. If my guessing
is correct... I think the list includes both
of Traditional & Simplified Hanzi. Many are
paired, but some are not paird. For example,
simplified form of "military" (U+519B) is
included, but traditional form (軍, U+8ECD)
is not included.

Yet I've not checked the cross section of
them with popular legacy charsets like GB 2312
and Big5, but please let me ask a question.

If a legacy Big5 font without any simplified
Hanzi is given, this patch works well? Or,
should we maintain another list for Big5?

Also, U+8ECD is included in GB 12345-90,
but not in GB 2312-80. If a legacy GB 2312
font is given, this patch works well?

Regards,
mpsuzuki