Re: [ft-devel] [Patch] CJK autofit/autohint blue zones

From: JustFillBug
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [Patch] CJK autofit/autohint blue zones
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 11:14:35 +0000 (UTC)

On 2011-01-10, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
> Excuse me, could you give me some infos to check
> the effect of you patch?
>
> * a font showing the effect of the improvement
> * the configuration of FreeType2
> * the viewer and its configuration to show the glyphs
>   (ftview, without embedded bitmap, with hinting, with anti-alias?)
> * string/text to be shown by the viewer
>   (the list of characters to calculate blue zones is it?)

* I used wqy-zenhei. Now I see it, this's a pretty old version: 0.8.34.
  Later versions have better bottom line alignment.

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/wqy/files/wqy-zenhei/

* Plain git freetype autogen.sh. I defined AF_DEBUG=1 at ./configure.
  Also I assigned _af_debug=1 at src/autofit/afmodule.c to read debug
  output.

* I used freetype's ftstring.

* The string is the text used to calculate bottom blue zone. The 2nd
  one, with flat bottoms.

  At 11pt, the bottom of the last few chars will clearly show the
  effect. I attached an pic with anti-alias off. anti-aliased version
  also shows the effect.

#!/bin/sh
# vim :set fileencoding=utf-8

./ftstring -m "主些因它想意理生當看着置者自著裡过还进進過道還里面" 11 ~/.fonts/wqy-zenhei.ttc ; exit
./ftstring -m "Y" 11 ~/.fonts/wqy-zenhei.ttc ; exit