[ft-devel] Getting the kerning pairs in under O(n*n)

From: Vinnie Falco
Subject: [ft-devel] Getting the kerning pairs in under O(n*n)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 13:03:20 -0700

I wrote some code to use FreeType to render hinted glyphs in the JUCE
cross platform library. The problem is that I have to do an operation
on the order of O(N^2) where N = number of glyphs, to extract the
kerning pairs. It would be a lot easier if FreeType offered some sort
of iterator that lets me enumerate each kerning pair.

This is a forum thread on the subject:

http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9912

The developer who brought this to my attention claims that "they arent
interested in supporting it" (they meaning the FreeType developers).
But my experience with FreeType development has only been positive. Is
there anything we can do about this?

Thanks

--
Follow me on Github: https://github.com/vinniefalco