Re: [ft-devel] severe problems with subpixel hinting

From: Infinality
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] severe problems with subpixel hinting
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 20:01:59 -0600

It *must* be TRUE in the FT_Face object which holds Times New Roman.

Ok, after more experimentation, it *does* detect and store compatibility_mode correctly when I store it in the TT_Face object. I am running into an odd issue with Firefox and TNR however. For some reason, the patterns are not detected with Times New Roman Regular. And I know that Ins_FDEF is being executed because I used debug messages. Perhaps I'll have to be even more verbose with the messages. I have not seen this problem with any other face I've tested, and it only happens in firefox. Any ideas what might cause that? Is it possible that firefox is doing something incorrectly?

Other than that issue, it appears that I'm now able to detect when compatbility_mode should be activated instead of relying on hard coding!

Thanks,
Erik