Re: [ft-devel] A few more problematic fonts

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] A few more problematic fonts
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 23:19:46 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 21/11/13, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

 This, however, is a bug in the font itself: It sets its
 embedded
 bitmap type to value 7 (bit-aligned), while the data is type
 6
 (byte-aligned).  I've fixed this in the git repository
 also so that
 FreeType can manage such errors.

 It seems that this serious error could only survive because
 OS X no
 longer uses bitmap strikes.  Perhaps you can report
 this to Apple
 anyway...

Hi Werner,

Thanks for the speedy work! Mostly it looks alright now, except
the first couple of lines of bitmaps (basically the ASCII's, A-Za-z0-9).
Is there anything more to be done to that?

Indeed, since this is one of the main Korean fonts, it is hard to
imagine none of the Korean users of OS X notice it being broken.
I don't know anybody who works for Apple, other than Mike Sweet (cups,
printing guy). Perhaps Mike could forward that on...

About the other remaining issue in this thread - v38 interpreter
with the HK gov fonts. What is the plan? I assume v38 will be the new
default at some stage? 2.5.1 etc?

Hin-Tak