[ft-devel] about that C# fontval (Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 125, Is

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: [ft-devel] about that C# fontval (Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 125, Issue 10)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 22:43:06 +0100

Does anybody know if the C#-based fontval compiles
and runs with mono yet? I see Microsoft had made many contributions
to mono in recent years, but it still isn't true that
any C# based programs buildable with MS's C# compiler
will build with mono's, nor runnable where mono runs
(which includes linux and Mac OS X), first because
of subtle language features and implementations,
and 2ndly, some C# codes calls into native code using
P/Invoke - and by "native code" I mean windows API :-).

If it works with mono, then there is a better chance
of it getting contributed enhancements, than if
it only works with MS C#/.net.

Yes, I do C# with mono occasionally for my "day job"
and would be interested to see the fontval code if it is available...

Hin-Tak