Re: [ft-devel] Something in 2.6.4 broke my windows

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Something in 2.6.4 broke my windows
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 21:16:58 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 7/7/16, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

 FREETYPE_PROPERTIES=truetype:interpreter-version=35 \

 cff:no-stem-darkening=1 \

             autofitter:warping=1

 > The original poster
 appears to want it system-wide, from the later
 > post :-). I think he needs my patch
 above...

> I disagree.  The
 above *is* a clean, system-wide solution.  Right now,
 there is no possibility by a user (or by the
 system administrator) to
 influence the
 default rendering setup of FreeType at run-time.
 Setting an environment variable is
 approximately equal to setting the
 font
 rendering parameters in the system configuration of MS
 Windows,
 say.

I am just very sure how early an environment variable needs to be set for it to
pick up - fontconfig is system-wide and user-overridable, it would be nice to
put this setting there. As is, since the X server itself has some dependency on
freetype, it may not be enough to put it in the user's bashrc/profile?

BTW, I already picked up the mac linkage fix from git.