Re: [ft-devel] "Inside the fastest font renderer in the world" - BUG FIX

From: Nigel Tao
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] "Inside the fastest font renderer in the world" - BUG FIX
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 10:58:11 +1000

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 12:06 AM, Graham Asher
<address@hidden> wrote:
> It was possible for the accumulation array to be written using an illegal
> index of -1.

Yeah, I also found an out-of-bounds panic (in my port to the Go
programming language, which is bounds-checked) when the glyph being
rendered has an on-curve point at the bottom right corner of the
rasterization buffer. You should be able to see this with the
capital-'I' glyph from a sans-serif font.

The font-rs bug is https://github.com/google/font-rs/issues/12

The font-go patch to fix this (grep for "clamp") is at
https://github.com/google/font-go/commit/568cda65618dfe210268a93e399db6c9ca409104