Re: [ft-devel] Fwd: Custom search functionality & Python3 compatibility

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Fwd: Custom search functionality & Python3 compatibility of 'docmaker'
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 21:54:30 +0200 (CEST)

> Also, the script you sent now stopped working with Python2.

Ankit, please prepare diffs rather than sending complete files in the
future!  This both saves bandwidth and immediately shows your
modifications.

> On a different note, this brings up a question; Now that the source
> code documentation is going to be converted to markdown, should the
> new markdown parser be compatible with both Python versions?

Yes, please.  Let's make life simpler for Joe User.

> Is there a preference? I believe it would be good to have the new
> code written in Python 3 because it is in active development.

I always like a conservative and backwards compatible approach.
However, if you can convince me that we *must* use a Python 3 feature
not available in Python 2 I will reconsider...