[Freetype] Internationalization question

From: Jeff Wolkenhauer
Subject: [Freetype] Internationalization question
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:16:44 -0800

Hello,

I wanted to find out if there are any known issues with using the freetype2
library on OSes with international language support.  For instance, Japanese
Solaris or WinNT?

If I have a font file in a directory path which includes multibyte characters,
will calls to FT_New_Face() handle the path string?  Does the string need to be
in UTF-8 format or what is best there?  Are there differences that I need to be
aware of between WinNT and Unix specifically relating to freetype2?

Let me know if I need to be more specific.

Thanks very much,

Jeff