Re: [Freetype] [newbie/faq?] how can I display accented characters?

From: tech_related
Subject: Re: [Freetype] [newbie/faq?] how can I display accented characters?
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 10:40:09 GMT

Hello,

>> index = FT_Get_Char(ftface, 'á');
>
>You mean FT_Get_Char_Index().

Sorry about that one. :-)

>If I try `0xE1' instead of `á' (the
>Unicode value of this character), I get the right glyph.

So do I; the charcode generated by 'á' under Linux is probably different from
the Unicode value necessary to access the correct
glyph using this .ttf file (which I imported from Windows).

To avoid having to write a wrapper function which converts any accented
characters to their corresponding Unicode values
before feeding them to FT_Get_Char_Index() (and then printing the glyph), I
suppose I must use a .ttf which has support for
the charmap used by this OS so that I can access the "normal" glyphs directly
without having to look them up using FT_Get_Char_Index().

Thank you for your help on this issue,

Manuel