Re: [Freetype] [newbie/faq?] how can I display accented characters?

From: tech_related
Subject: Re: [Freetype] [newbie/faq?] how can I display accented characters?
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 12:13:17 GMT

Hi Leonard,

Thank you for your reply.

I still haven't had time to look at the interface of iconv, but, according to a
short description on the project's homepage,
it really seems to be "the right tool for the job". :-)

But I am still wondering whether there are any .ttf files which already contain
a charmap that will work correctly under
Linux (when using non-ASCII characters); or does everybody who needs access to
non-ASCII characters under Linux import Windows
font files and then uses iconv to do the charcode translation?

Thank you for any tip,

Manuel

>No need for you write it - it's already there for you.  You should already
>installed on your Linux box something called
iconv, which is a library that will handle all sorts of wonderful conversions
for you.