Re: [Freetype] Polygons (again)

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Polygons (again)
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 18:39:32 +0200

Hi Giuliano,

Giuliano Pochini a écrit :

> >>When I draw very thin poligons (less than 1 pixel)
> >>they don't look well. They are "ripped" here and
> >>there and their colour isn't uniform. The same
> >>program using libart hasn't this problem. Why
> >>does it happen ? Low precision fixed point math ?

It looks like a fixed point math problem, though I'm surprised
to see it. Could you try the following and tell use if it solves
your problems:

  - change the definition of PIXEL_BITS in "src/smooth/ftgrays.c"
    from 8 to 10

  - recompile FT2 and your application if needed

  - re-generate the images

if the problem disappears, it _is_ a fixed point problem. If not,
something even weirder is happening, and I'd like to be informed
on this :-)

Cheers,

- David