Re: [Freetype] Fw: Checking a TrueType Font is accessible by FreeType ?

From: Zitan Broth
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Fw: Checking a TrueType Font is accessible by FreeType ?
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 04:04:13 -0700

Greetings Again,

I spoke too soon, a recompile and a restart did wonders for Pango I think :-)

One little follow up question though :: what does xlsfonts: pattern "*" unmatched mean?

Here is what I do ::

 To add TrueType fonts I copy them into my xfree dir::
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF

Recompile fonts:
> ttmkfdir -o fonts.scale
> mkfontdir

Restart xfs :
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs restart

And then check this worked with xlsfonts. All good? Well yes previously. I just dumped some new fonts in, ran through the steps, but hold on when I run xlsfonts I get back this result::
xlsfonts: pattern "*" unmatched

Bizarre ??

Thanks again, Z.