[Freetype] Using Windows TTF Files

From: Kevin Pang
Subject: [Freetype] Using Windows TTF Files
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:56:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.  New to the mailing list so apologies if this
question has been answered before or if I'm omitting
important details, but I'm interested in getting my
FreeType fonts (which are being called by FTGL) to
look identical to those in Microsoft Word.  I was
wondering if there was a way to get FreeType to
utilize the .TTF files Windows provides?  I've tried
turning on the bytecode interpreter, but it doesn't
seem to have an effect.  And it doesn't help in cases
where FreeType simply doesn't have an equivalent font
(e.g. the Wingdings font).