[ft] Direct rendering not working with 2.3.5

From: Stephen Deken
Subject: [ft] Direct rendering not working with 2.3.5
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:41:40 -0500

Hello,

I've got FreeType 2.3.5 built with the plain vanilla options. I'm attempting to perform a direct render from an outline (loaded from a TrueType file in this case), and my gray_spans function is never being called.

Here's the source for a minimal testcase:

    http://stephendeken.net/junk/ft235-direct.c

None of the library functions I call return an error. By stepping through the code in the debugger I can see that the ftgrays.c renderer is being used, and I can follow that code well enough to see that it's rasterizing properly (lots of calls to gray_set_cell).

I'm sure this is user error, but I can't figure out where I've gone wrong.

Stephen Deken
address@hidden