[ft] Re: Direct rendering not working with 2.3.5

From: Stephen Deken
Subject: [ft] Re: Direct rendering not working with 2.3.5
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:48:37 -0500

Hello again!

Please ignore this message:

On Jun 19, 2008, at 8:41 AM, Stephen Deken wrote:
I've got FreeType 2.3.5 built with the plain vanilla options. I'm attempting to perform a direct render from an outline (loaded from a TrueType file in this case), and my gray_spans function is never being called.

The problem was that I needed to send an email to the list before I realized I was never setting the requested size of the glyphs. I have a compulsive need to look like a flaming moron; it's the only way I can get anything done.

Inserting the following:

    error = FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes( face, 0, 12 );
    if (error) note_error( "FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes", error );

fixes the issue nicely.

Stephen Deken
address@hidden