Re: [ft] Installing Freetype 2.5.3 Linux

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Installing Freetype 2.5.3 Linux
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 23:24:25 +0200 (CEST)

> Now I see errors coming from ftheader.h that it doesn't find
> FT_STROKER_H , FT_LCD_FILTER and more header macros.
>
> Are there some additonal steps I have missed here?

>From the CHANGES entries for version 2.5.1:

    - The header  file layout  has been changed.   After installation,
      all files are now located in `<prefix>/include/freetype2'.

      Applications  that  use   (a)  `freetype-config'  or  FreeType's
      `pkg-config' file to get the include directory for the compiler,
      and (b) the documented way for header inclusion like

        #include <ft2build.h>
        #include FT_FREETYPE_H

      don't need any change to the source code.

I guess that your C++ project uses hard-coded include paths, which you
have to change accordingly...