Re: [ft] Another problem with X11 PCF fonts and 2.7.1, now with bisect

From: Nikolay Sivov
Subject: Re: [ft] Another problem with X11 PCF fonts and 2.7.1, now with bisect
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 23:22:11 +0300

On 08.01.2017 23:09, Markus Unterwaditzer wrote:
> Hello Nikolay,
>
> I have identified this commit in the OP.

Ah, sorry about that, I missed it.

> It appears that this is an
> intentional breakage. Does this really belong into a bugfix release? Or
> any release ever (considering the breakage that would ensue)?

I don't know where it belongs. According to commit message it's an old
change, that OpenSUSE was supposedly carrying all this time. Maybe
something less invasive could be worked out, like using foundry name
only when face name is too generic, which is the original issue this
patch fixes.