Re: [ft] Another problem with X11 PCF fonts and 2.7.1, now with bisect

From: Markus Unterwaditzer
Subject: Re: [ft] Another problem with X11 PCF fonts and 2.7.1, now with bisect
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 11:54:43 +0100

Great, thank you! What is the default of the compile-time option?

On 9 January 2017 11:32:14 CET, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

Commit message gives an example of "Fixed" as family name, which is
not very useful of course. What I mean is that it should be possible
to hardcode common generic family names, like Fixed, and use foundry
name only when family name is in fact generic, which is clearly not
the case with Terminus.

OK, long family names for PCF files is now configurable. From the
CHANGES file:

- The PCF change to show more `colourful' family names (introduced
in version 2.7.1) was too radical; it can now be configured with
PCF_CONFIG_OPTION_LONG_FAMILY_NAMES at compile time. If
activated, it can be switched off at run time with the new pcf
property `no-long-family-names'. If the `FREETYPE_PROPERTIES'
environment variable is available, you can say

FREETYPE_PROPERTIES=pcf:no-long-family-names=1

Werner

Freetype mailing list
address@hidden