Re: [ft] Another problem with X11 PCF fonts and 2.7.1, now with bisect

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Another problem with X11 PCF fonts and 2.7.1, now with bisect
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 11:32:14 +0100 (CET)

> Commit message gives an example of "Fixed" as family name, which is
> not very useful of course. What I mean is that it should be possible
> to hardcode common generic family names, like Fixed, and use foundry
> name only when family name is in fact generic, which is clearly not
> the case with Terminus.

OK, long family names for PCF files is now configurable.  From the
CHANGES file:

    - The PCF change to show more `colourful' family names (introduced
      in version 2.7.1) was too radical; it can now be configured with
      PCF_CONFIG_OPTION_LONG_FAMILY_NAMES   at   compile   time.    If
      activated, it can  be switched off at run time  with the new pcf
      property  `no-long-family-names'.  If  the `FREETYPE_PROPERTIES'
      environment variable is available, you can say

        FREETYPE_PROPERTIES=pcf:no-long-family-names=1